Today was an eventful non eventful day. We appear to be moving forward but not that much actually happened today.
The simplest thing was I saw the house on Claremont, it was cute but not for me (see earlier updated post for details). I feel like I need to keep looking as if Ave 51 is not happening as it well may not. I am trying to have realistic expectations.
About those realistic expectations….I thought I was doing great and then last night at 3:30am I was wide awake making lists of what home improvement projects I wanted to do on ave 51 and I was online window shopping for a kitchen table as well as a playhouse and Swingset for Charlie.
So today, I countered the seller’s counter which essentially accepted their terms and made some room for some house repairs money. It was discussed with the realtors and agreed on in theory, so we should be ok. I also had the date on my pre approval letter extended so we don’t have any timing issues. David started to call inspectors he liked to see if anyone could do an inspection before I leave on vacation Monday night. So there is progress but nothing technically happened today.
I’m sure there will be lots discovered at the inspection. This house was built in 1927 and the owners had lived there a long time. I’m mostly worried about the roof, plumbing and electrical. If there are problems with any of those the seller won’t fix it could well be a deal breaker. So it’s time for more waiting and more patience.