Today I was able to go to the house and meet some contractors, get additional quotes, etc. the seller is in the process of moving out so I could see things a bit better and get a few measurements as well. I got my third quote for HVAC the first one was for 15k and the second for 6k obviously a lot of factors I need to better understand to make a decision…so I’m working on that….met with flooring guy and discussed timeline and finishes he, Pepe, needs two weeks, gulp…but he is willing to work weekends. Also met Edwin who will do wall and ceiling smoothing as well as a host of other things, he is revising his quote based on all the addl stuff. We need to know this week who we are cutting checks to out of escrow and for how much. I think I’m set on plumber, walls and floors. Just need to get HVAC squared away….
The foundation guys are working and need 10 days, then termite then, then closing. It is going to be close, that’s all I can say. If this foundation work runs over, which it indeed may it could be not good as I need to be out of my place by Oct 30th
I’m hesitant to buy anything for the house until it is mine but I have indeed been looking, I found the sconces for the front room, but ouef are they spendy, but so beautiful, not sure what to do. Also have been looking at ceiling fans…
I really would like to be able to redo one of the bathrooms immediately, they are pretty grungy but I think it’ll be tough just doing what I’m already doing. Plus the roof, sewer main, gutters and windows should likely come before any bathroom remodels, patience….
My head is spinning a bit, but its all in a good way